Malignant 'mosquito bite'

An 11-year-old boy was diagnosed with an extremely rare sarcoma after mistaking a cancerous swelling in his nose for a bug bite.

UK schoolboy Matthew Kirk and his parents initially thought the lump was a mosquito bite after returning from a family holiday in Menorca; however, after it continued to grow, his concerned parents sought medical help.

At first, doctors believed it to be a bacterial infection, only discovering the now-tennis-ball-sized mass in his nostril after an imaging scan.

Matthew was diagnosed with alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma — a particularly rare form of soft

Latest

Trending