10 commandments for preventing GP burnout
With doctors under more work pressure than ever, British GP Dr Simon Tobin has developed some guiding principles for the resilient practitioner.
- Look after yourself as well as your patients.
- Keep a sense of perspective.
- Treasure your time away from work.
- Remember that your main role is to support individual patients to make the best possible decisions for them at this time.
- Don't be too hard on yourself when you make mistakes, as long as you learn something from them.
- Accept that on some days being adequate is acceptable.
- Sit down and