10 things to know about Aussie pharmacists
The latest data for the health workforce has been released.
Based on 2015 figures, it shows the number of professionals is growing, particularly among women.
Here are 10 points from the report:
- 29,414 in total were registered at last count.
- Their average age is 39.
- They work an average of 35.7 hours a week.
- 60% are women.
- 57% were born in Australia.
- 0.3% are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- 87% have Australian or New Zealand qualifications.
- 11% are registered for three years or less.
- 76% are in major cities.
- In 2015, there were 1.7 new registrants for every pharmacist that did not renew registration from 2014.