5 factors linked to decision regret
Decision regret among patients in primary care remains low but it does it exist.
To help with troubleshooting, here are some factors to consider:
Decision regret can arise when:
- Patients face several reasonable treatment options creating a context of uncertainty;
- They feel unsupported in the decision-making process;
- Preference-sensitive decisions have to be made;
- The patient is older (60-plus) and at greater risk of adverse outcomes; and
- The patient has a low education level and therefore low health literacy.