Audit the top earners and those seeing most patients
• Authorise audits of the top 3% of earners and the top 3% of those who see most patients.
• Turn most prescription authorities into streamlined online services.
• Produce a government-preferred list of pharmaceuticals (e.g. just two statins at a cheaper price and the others at a dearer level. A pop-up on the computer would remind us of the government-preferred option).
• Negotiate cheaper drugs following the NZ model.
• Educate GPs on the prices