Coroner told that community pharmacist should not have obeyed GP

Man died from methotrexate toxicity

A Victorian pharmacist has been caught up in a coronial inquest for a man who died after being dispensed a fatal dose of methotrexate.

Man died from methotrexate toxicity

The man’s family claims the pharmacist failed in their duty of care by dispensing the drug despite his concerns about the prescription.

The 77-year-old Victorian man was prescribed 2.5mg methotrexate twice daily for a flare-up of his psoriasis.

The pharmacist contacted the GP. But the coroner heard evidence that the doctor insisted it shouldn’t be changed.

The man

Latest

Trending