Cyclone Debbie – how pharmacies are faring
6th April 2017
Guild branch presidents Tim Logan (Qld) and Rick Samimi (NSW) have provided the following updates:
- Pharmacists are still cleaning up but most had come through “pretty well”.
- Cold storage remains an issue as many pharmacies lost power, including areas not directly hit by the cyclone.
- While insured, pharmacies faced a time-consuming stock-count and insurance paperwork.
- An economic downturn in affected areas could hit pharmacists as customers consider rationing their prescription medicines.
- All Guild members in the Lismore are have been contacted. Some managed to escape damage.
- Most pharmacies are now cleaning up and getting ready to resume trading.
- Affected pharmacist have lodged insurance claims and the Guild is unaware of any pharmacies that need to temporarily