Death cap mushrooms kill two

Four people became ill after eating the poisonous mushrooms at a New Year's Eve party in Canberra, but one was discharged from hospital on Tuesday.

"I can confirm that two of those patients have passed away," the spokeswoman said.

 It is believed the four ate the poisonous mushrooms at a New Year's Eve party.

Two were airlifted to Sydney on Monday afternoon after presenting themselves to Canberra's Calvary Hospital on the morning of New Year's Day, a spokesman for the hospital said yesterday.

It is understood the four people may have mistaken the poisonous mushrooms for

Latest

Trending