Man dodges death after swallowing fish

Doctors didn't flounder when a young man accidentally swallowed a live fish — blocking his airway and almost choking him to death.

The bizarre mishap occurred when the 22-year-old, on a fishing trip to the Murray River, decided to pucker up and kiss his first catch of the day.

Unimpressed by his romantic advances, the fish wriggled free and slid headfirst down the man's throat, complete with fishing line and hook attached.

Its fins and spines

Latest

Trending