Pharmacy Assistant of the Year named
Alice Vanderpool from NSW has been named 2018 Pharmacy Guild/ Maxigesic Pharmacy Assistant of the Year.
Ms Vanderpool, from the Moama Village Pharmacy, beat 750 other nominees, and was praised for her breadth of knowledge and passion for community pharmacy.
“Alice has displayed a strong commitment to her work and the pharmacy industry and her continued motivation to improve retail services and experiences was outstanding,” said national judge Colm Maguire, who is the Guild’s Group Executive, Pharmacy Transformation.
Ms Vanderpool will receive over $10,000 in cash, prizes and educational opportunities.
This year’s judging was so close that Anita Jones from Amcal+ Palmerston Health Centre Pharmacy was awarded a runner-up prize of $500.
- Alice Vanderpol, Moama Village Pharmacy, NSW: Winner
- Anita Jones, Amcal+ Palmerston Health Centre Pharmacy, NT: Runner-up
- Phillipa Maika, Slade Pharmacy Richmond, Vic
- Amy Peatling, Geeveston Pharmacy, Tas
- Rebecca Porter, Capital Chemist Calwell, ACT
- Sally Alfieri, TerryWhite Chemmart Mandurah Forum, WA
- Laura Mckinlay, Crossroads Pharmacy Port Augusta, SA
- Julie Gagliardi, Hope Island Chempro Chemist, Qld