Seven things you need to know about the AHI
A new administration, handling and infrastructure (AHI) has become effective in terms of the Sixth Community Pharmacy Agreement.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It delinks the price of medicine from remuneration;
- Three tiers replace the former six-tier retail mark-up;
- It does not replace the four-tier mark-up applied to certain s100 dispensing;
- The Government will continue to pay pharmacy dispensing fees, dangerous drug fees and container fees.
- It will be indexed annually using the consumer price