Swallowing button batteries can be fatal

Specialists tried desperately to save Summer Steer, 4, after she was taken to a hospital on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast with stomach bleeding. But there was little that could be done for her.

Safety experts say they’re worried parents don’t fully understand the dangers lurking in many household items.

Kidsafe Queensland said an estimated four children a week were rushed to emergency departments across Australia after swallowing the batteries.

The biggest

Latest

Trending