These top-10 drugs are about to become cheaper
More than 2000 medicines will reduce in price from October, some by as much as $20 per script, according to the Department of Health.
Here’s a snapshot of percentage reductions for the 10 most prescribed PBS medicines for non-concessional patients.
- Irbesartan with hydrochlorothiazide, down 20%;
- Rosuvastatin 40mg (as calcium), down 14%;
- Atorvastatin tablet 80mg, down 13%;
- Telmisartan tablet 80mg, down 13%;
- Telmisartan with hydrochlorothiazide, down 12%;
- Irbesartan tablet 300mg, down 11%;