Weighing up whistleblowing
- Registrars must report colleagues' misconduct under mandatory reporting laws
- Repercussions of failure to report can be significant
- Seek advice from MDO as to whether colleagues' conduct should be reported
- Speak to colleague of concern before reporting
- Consider reporting in a group - if possible
DANGEROUS professional conduct: it’s not encountered too often by registrars. But if it did affect you, would you know what to do?
It’s worth pondering as health professionals are now legally obliged to blow