8 facts about food allergies
1. Fear of food allergies is leading parents to cut major food groups from children’s diets, to the point of malnutrition.
2. A person with food intolerance does not necessarily have a food allergy.
3. People who react to one allergen may react to another without being sensitised first.
4. A person who reacts to birch pollen might also react to kiwifruit, apples, pears, peaches, plums, coriander, fennel, parsley, celery, cherries, carrots, hazelnuts and/or almonds.
5. A person reacting to grass pollen might also