Correcting cleft lip/palate

The birth of a child with cleft lip and/or palate is one of the more common congenital abnormalities recognised at birth.

It occurs in around 1:700 children.

Approximately 70% of cases are an isolated abnormality and the remaining 30% have other associated abnormalities such as the Pierre Robin sequence (retrognathia, glossoptosis and cleft palate).

The cleft abnormalities are grouped into four categories of cleft lip, cleft palate,

Latest

Trending