Kids getting more than a sugar high after consuming ‘treats’
A study found that in the 15 months following the decriminalisation of possession of marijuana for medical purposes in October 2009 in Colorado, 14 children were treated for exposure to the drug.
Of these cases, all of which were treated at the Children’s Hospital Colorado emergency department, eight were said to have been the direct result of having consumed marijuana food products.
No such cases had been recorded in the period between 1 January 2005 and 31 September 2009.
Children who ingested the drug, sold