Mother visited 10 GPs before fatal prescription drug overdose

A SYDNEY mother who visited six GPs in the 10 days before she fatally overdosed on prescription drugs was “let down by the medical profession”, a coroner has found.

Christine Drinnan died at her Narellan home around 29 April, 2010, after consuming a toxic combination of morphine, pethidine, quetiapine, benzodiazepines and alcohol.

Police found 13 prescription medicines, including an open bottle of Ordine 10mg that had been supplied the previous day, and unfilled scripts for another four, including pethidine and morphine.

Ms Drinnan was

Latest

Trending