Building strong patient relationships
There are many reasons to establish a productive doctor-patient relationship, including improved patient care and treatment outcomes, improved patient satisfaction, lower use of healthcare resources and reduced malpractice risk.1-4
In this interactive online course, you will learn essential strategies to build rapport, facilitate an open and productive dialogue, and adapt your approach to best suit the patient in front of you.
After completing this module, general practitioners will be able to:
- Build rapport with patients at initial and subsequent encounters
- Create a comfortable environment for patient communication
- Deliver a good doctor-patient interaction
- Manage the time available for the encounter more efficiently
- Use language appropriately and more effectively
- Structure the encounter for optimal patient outcomes.