Coroner refers GP to AHPRA over Rohypnol scripts
A GP who wrote flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) scripts without a permit for a patient who later died of a deliberate prescription drug overdose will be referred to AHPRA.
The Victorian coroner flagged the referral last week in findings into the death of a 51-year-old patient.
An autopsy revealed the woman had died from a mixed drug toxicity, showing traces of 15 different drugs including flunitrazepam, codeine, morphine, mirtazapine and paracetamol.
The GP, who had treated the woman for 18 years, told the