Doctor nearly dies after eating toxic mushrooms

New Zealander Dr Anna Whitehead initially tried to sleep off the deadly fungi’s effects, which she says were worse than chemo

Dr Anna Whitehead discovered the hard way it’s always best to do your research before eating wild mushrooms — at least if you want to avoid green vomit, diarrhoea and liver failure.

‘Vomiting green liquid’: doctor’s near-death experience after eating toxic mushrooms

The New Zealand public health doctor came close to death after frying two mushrooms caps and stems to eat with her fish lunch.

Dr Whitehead found the death cap mushrooms growing near an oak tree and initially planned to do further checks online before eating

Latest

Trending