Doctors issue warning after teen is burnt by phone in the bath

The patient experienced low-voltage burns after using the charging smartphone while bathing

A Dutch teenager received electrical burns while using a smartphone in the bath, in a case that has doctors calling for increased patient education to avoid similar cases.

Bath and phone
The subject of this photo is a model.

The 13-year-old girl experienced low-voltage burns to the hand holding the phone and to her abdomen, surgeons from the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam and Red Cross Hospital in Beverwijk wrote.

Latest

Trending