Man burned by high-vis vest

It's believed to be the first case of burns owing to overheating of high-visibility clothing

Tradies may have to add another hazard to their list of job-associated dangers after a Perth man was burned by his high-vis vest.

Hi-vis burn
Photo: MJA.

The 40-year-old noticed the painful red rash across his back after he undressed from working outside on a hot day as a field environmental engineer, according to a letter to the Medical Journal of Australia.

ED staff found he was well but had a non-blanching,

Latest

Trending