This simple change could help patients with overactive bladder

Cutting dietary salt intake resulted in a reduction in frequency symptoms, a small Japanese study shows

Some patients with overactive bladder who reduce dietary salt intake may experience improvements in urinary symptoms, a small study suggests.

Researchers in Japan examined data on 98 patients diagnosed with overactive bladder who received a brochure advising salt reduction as well as health education every four weeks for 12 weeks.

Overall, 71 patients (72%) effectively reduced their salt intake, while the remaining 27 patients (28%) did not.

Among those who did accomplish the reduction, mean estimated daily salt intake declined from 10.4 grams at

Latest

Trending