Snapper dinner lands Australian family in hospital with rhabdomyolysis: case

It is the first report of Haff disease in Australia
Colour of patient’s urine prior to presentation to the hospital (A), picture of the queen snapper fish ingested by the patient and his parents (B).

Australian doctors are reporting the first local cases of Haff disease, after a family of three developed rhabdomyolysis after eating a queen snapper. 

The trio presented with severe myalgia affecting proximal and distal limb muscles about 10 hours after eating the recently thawed and baked fish, according to doctors at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.