Real Case: The time I used Coke to treat choking
One Sunday night in the middle of hosting a dinner, I received a frantic call from a patient’s spouse.
His wife was in strife, from swallowing a fish bone that had been hiding in her sashimi. What should they do?
I immediately had a flashback to my one experience of a choking presentation. It was a particularly non-instructive case, but very memorable as it involved a toddler who happened to be my daughter.
At the time I was studying medicine. The episode had occurred following a week