A GP guide to paediatric facial trauma and scars
Facial lacerations in children are a common presentation in primary care, so it's worth being aware of these key management principles.
Need to know:
- Regardless of the location of a facial laceration, the key management principles are the following:
- To exclude deeper structure injury with physical examination.
- To perform thorough debridement/irrigation of the wounds.
- To ensure closure of the skin without tension.
- Be wary of deeper injuries