5 ways to combat bullying at work
The AMA has released a list of five action steps for medical students and doctors who believe they are being bullied.
- Read workplace policy and procedures on bullying how to make a complaint;
- Document any threats or actions by the bully;
- Air your concerns with the bully’s colleges, your employer, supervisor or appointed contact person;
- Consider making a complaint under the employer’s bullying and harassment policy;
- Seek support from your peer network, colleagues, your local AMA